NGA PROFESSIONAL SCHEDULE
NGA RULES • Click month to scroll to shows and info
April 20, 2019 - Lexington, KY
April 27, 2019 - Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, PA
May 4, 2019 - Peoria, IL
May 4, 2019 - Boise, ID
May 4, 2019 - Plymouth Meeting, PA
May 18, 2019 - Longview, TX
May 18, 2019 - Maumee, OH
June 8, 2019 - Orlando, FL
June 15, 2019 - Lancaster, SC
June 29, 2019 - Coral Springs, FL
July 12-14, 2019 - Seoul, South Korea
July 20, 2019 - South Lake Tahoe, CA
August 3, 2019 - Warren, OH
August 17, 2019 - Louisville, KY
September 14, 2019 - Folsom, CA
September 21, 2019 - State College, PA
September 28, 2019 - Lexington, KY
October 2019 (Date TBD) - Toledo, OH
October 5, 2019 - Baraboo, WI
October 19, 2019 - Peoria, IL
October 19, 2019 - Union, NJ
TIERS 1,3, and 4
October 26, 2019 - Orlando, FL
NGA PRO Universe Championships
November 16, 2019 - Coral Springs, FL
Qualifying Standards for NGA PRO Competition
The NGA maintains strict qualifying standards for eligibility in reference to athlete participation in NGA Professional sanctioned events. These standards include the following:
- All NGA PRO competitions are 7 years’ drug-free
- All NGA athletes that qualify to obtain their NGA PRO Card shall apply and pay the fee within 60 days from the date of the qualifying event.
- All NGA PRO athletes must maintain their NGA PRO Card annually.
- By qualifying in each year, NGA PRO athletes can maintain their NGA PRO status by competing at least once every three years in an NGA sanctioned show.
- If an international competitor places first in a PRO qualifying class (with 5 or more athletes), an American that placed second will also be qualified to apply for their PRO status.
Participation in Qualifying for PROFESSIONAL Competitions
Those amateur athletes who participate in amateur competitions identified as qualifiers for PRO competition, and who place in accordance to standards identified by the NGA shall be qualified to apply for their official NGA PRO Status. Refer to the following NGA Tier System for contest levels:
NGA TIER I - Non-PRO Qualifier Event
All classes are offered. Can include classes such as debut, novice, kids, teens, collegiate, etc.
NGA TIER II - PRO Qualifier Event
Only the overall winners are eligible to receive their NGA PRO application to join the NGA PRO Division. There must be a minimum of 5 competitors in that category to make it a PRO qualifier.
NGA TIER III - Super PRO Qualifier
The winners of each class are eligible to receive their NGA PRO application to join the NGA PRO Division. (There must be a minimum of 5 competitors in that class to make it a PRO qualifier. If a class does not have 5 competitors, that winner of the class must win the overall to obtain their NGA PRO Application). Must be run with a TIER IV.
NGA TIER IV - PRO Event
All NGA PRO athletes with a current NGA PRO Card and in good standing are qualified to compete.
TIER 5: SUPER PRO EVENT (NGA PRO Universe Championships)
Amateur athletes that have qualified to turn PRO in the current year are eligible to compete in this event. Also, amateur athletes that qualified to turn PRO at the NGA PRO/AM Universe the previous year automatically are qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe the current year.
Open to all NGA PRO Athletes that have placed at a TIER IV event in the current year or in another PRO organization that the NGA recognizes (proof required). The following are the guidelines for qualifying for the NGA PRO Universe:
- Placing in the top 5 qualifies if there were 10 or more athletes in the class
- Placing in the top 3 qualifies if there were 5-9 in the class
- Placing in 1st place qualified if there were 3-4 in the class. However, if a PRO division is not filled with three or more athletes, athletes who are trying to enter the NGA PRO Universe shall not be turned down. Therefore, if there are less than three athletes the winner of that class is qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe.
If an athlete qualified in an event that has previously qualified for the NGA PRO Universe, the next placing athlete will be qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe.
PRO athletes that placed according to the above guidelines the previous year in the NGA PRO Universe Championships and NGA shows in October or November are qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe the current year.
Amateur athletes that have qualified to turn PRO in the current year are eligible to compete in this event. Also, amateur athletes that qualified to turn PRO at the NGA PRO Universe the previous year automatically are qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe the current year. Also, amateurs that qualified to turn PRO in other shows that occurred in October and November the previous year are qualified to enter the NGA PRO Universe the current year.